Monday, December 21, 2009

Rise Above the Crowd

Driving along a country road outside of Carp, I came across this view. The winter corn was still standing, forming a wall along the side of the road. Over the top were a set of trees towering over the corn stalks, regal overlords peering over their kingdom.

[ f/9, 1/400, 45mm, ISO 200 ]


So many themes came to mind as I approached this scene:

Rise Above the Crowd
Assert Yourself
Live Your Dreams
Breaking Away

Any of which would have made a good theme or title for the story being played out by the simple rows of corn, and even simpler tree that stands watch over them. What theme or story plays out for you?

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. ]

I will be updating this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing shot. Really grabbed my attention.

    However, I must say that I did not get the vibe of following dreams or rising above the crowd when I saw it, although I understand the theme that you are seeing, what with the single solitary tree rising above the background. The image is too stark and cold to speak to me in that warm of a way.

    If anything, I do get a feeling of cold, solid, solitary strength. So maybe I would suggest something like "stand your ground", or, to lift a title from one of your other posts, "resolute".

    Anyways, thanks for sharing.

    -Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see what you mean about the cold tone suggesting a harsher or more resolved stance. It certainly gives added value to the photo when others interpret and describe what they see.
    cheers,
    Mario

    ReplyDelete