Monday, January 4, 2010

Where Infinity Begins

Another photo taken at the National Art Gallery in Ottawa. Sometimes I like to take a scene from a variety of angles. I took about 5 shots of this one. My favorite is presented here:
[ f/8, 1/125, 22mm, ISO 200 ]


I felt that this particular angle really helped to emphasize all the parallel lines and structures. Even though the tilt is a little disorienting at first, it helps the eye to focus in the distance as this particular composition uses all the lines to draw you in to the point where the stairs end, near the bottom center.

It would be interesting to hear if you get a sense that the lines emanate inward, toward the focal point at the top of the stairs... or whether they emanate outwards... and on into infinity. Which is the view that I have of this. In a way, this is a rather cold scene. Yet the light shining through gives a promise of eternal hope. Is this what a mathematicion's dreams are like?

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. ]

I update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings. Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment