Sunday, May 2, 2010

I Got the Bicycle Blues

Walking along Wellington St. just past where the locks connect the Ottawa River to the Canal, I came across this vintage looking bike chained to a lamp post. As other cyclists whizzed by, I couldn't help but feel sorry for this classical beauty stuck in the role of bystander.

[ f/25, 1/60, 19mm, ISO 200 ]


i got the bicycle blues
all chained up

what'll i do

no rider nearby
i let out a sigh
'n shout 'n broadcast

i'm locked in the past

i'm locked in the past
'n my heart
is sinking a-way too fast

my classic lines
don't do me no good

i'd dance along this road
if only i could

but i'm just locked in the past

yes
i'm locked in the past
'n my heart
is sinking a-way too fast

i see a bike go by
makes me wanna cry

i look up
'n see the sun
people walkin'
'n havin' fun

yea
i got the bicycle blues

all chained up

what'll I do

no rider nearby
i let out a sigh
'n shout 'n broadcast

i'm locked in the past

i'm locked in the past
'n my heart
is sinking a-way too fast

Note: I hope you played all the background guitar riffs while you sang this in your head :)

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. ]

I update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings. Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment