Monday, May 31, 2010

Soaring Ambition

I took this photo of my daughter and her horse Bentley (Ben) at a recent competition. I admire how hard she works to be able to enjoy moments like this one. And like many dads, I never tell her enough how much she makes me proud.

[ f/4.5, 1/800, 70mm, ISO 200 ]


soar ben
and jump ever so high
as you carry my girl
so deep into the sky
and into her dream
you both fly

can you feel her smile

you being blessed
with her joy

ever so grateful
both she and i
me for her joy
and her for your power

soar ben
and jump ever so high
explode past obstacles
limitations defy

and like lizzie's ambition
be neither harnessed
nor denied

soar ben
soar high

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. ]

I update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings. Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments: