Thursday, August 12, 2010

Wizard Brooms

For some reason, these brooms make me think of Europe, and farm lands, and village streets. And even stranger, they evoke memories of my mother. I imagine that she once possessed a broom like one of these.

[f/8, 50mm, 1/250, ISO 200 ]
Wizard Brooms


and
when you suddenly arrive
in my mind's eye
embracing your toils
sweeping away
what dreams you had

and
you are no longer there
to comfort
or hold me
with stories
of who you were
when you were young

and
i am left
apart from you
to imagine
who you could become

and
i awake
again to the reality
that you have been swept away
and i lack
the wizard magic
to bring you back

and
i miss -
almost as much
as i miss you -
the answer
to the next question
that i might have had

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. ]

I update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings. Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment