Friday, October 1, 2010

Sassy

This photo was taken in downtown Ottawa. I've always liked this shop and have photographed it a number of times. The last time I photographed it, I started to imagine the figures inside as people. And I couldn't decide what emotion they would display if they came to life. The writing just kind of took over.

[ f/9, 1/320, 38mm ]

sassy


the polka dots
weren't flashy enough

and the multi-flavored
tables and chairs
weren't bringing enough
admirers to view your wares

so you sat
naked in the window
wearing your colored beads

and people stopped

and complimented
your courage

though I suspect
that wasn't
what you had in mind

why else
would you leave the light on
well into the night...

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. ]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment: