Friday, December 24, 2010

Just Another Christmas Wish

I always think that holidays like Christmas need children around for me to truly appreciate the wonder and joy that could - perhaps should - exist in everyone's lives. Now that my children are older, I am happy to be blessed with grandchildren. May they too, live in constant wonder and delight.

[ f/8, 1/160, 68mm, ISO 200, diffused flash ]
A Child's Wonder

is not the wonder
in a child's eyes
more beautiful
than the glimmering stars
in cloudless skies

and though
i'm far removed
from such a state
i hope
i never hesitate

to stay and linger
by your side
where every day
worry does subside

and in every moment
delight resides


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Mario! And I share the same feeling about children, how they constantly renew my own innocence and sense of wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen to that! Childhood is not so far away. When we look with their eyes, it all comes rushing back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Cheryl and Frank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree with anon. This is a good time to let the child in us shine through. Wishing you a wondrous christmas

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely. Thanks for sharing the image and your poetry and best wishes for a happy holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really tough question but I realize I don't have to choose - I can marvel at both. What a beautiful capture of a moment to be remembered and treasured forever.

    Warmest wishes for a wonderful 2011,
    Sally and Robert

    ReplyDelete
  7. The wonder in this child's eyes have become so much more clearer with you words!...how each expression of a child is a honest one..

    ReplyDelete
  8. you have a lovely way with words...thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone. Best wishes for a wonderful new year to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie patootie! The poem was marvelous, too. I just love your site. I always leave inspired.

    ReplyDelete