Thursday, December 30, 2010

Let Me Be Your Sun

My last entry for 2010. Hope you like it. Photo taken on a late afternoon in December, along the shore of the Ottawa River.

[ f/16, 1/250, 55mm, ISO 200 ]
Let Me Be The Sun

let me be the sun

and i will hold you
at day's end

shield you
from stretching shadows

as you gently walk
through the caress

of their desperate grasp
upon your winter dress

let me be the sun

and I will lay down
parts of me
to form a path

melt what ice appears
until at last

with footing sound
persuade your heart
to hold steadfast

let me be your sun

happy i'll descend
to be your lover then

burn such yearning
into your breast

and with
contented sigh

clothe you
within my warming breath


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

23 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to end the year. As always, fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely entry to end 2010 on. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful. The light and the long shadows.

    I also love your poem.

    See you soon,I travel up to the mountain early in the morning.Happy New Year...)

    Sending love, light,beauty and lots of Joy here from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo Mario.

    Beware the suns beautiful promises.
    Sure he's hot, but you'll probably get burned in the end =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Lovely lovely photo & poem!

    Those are clouds right? They look like mountains. Or a giant wave! And the tiny houses are just floating beneath it. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mario, what an extraordinary photo. Such a unique composition. The sun peeking out from above that huge mountain of cloud. And your poem-so passionate, so romantic! Read that one to your wife when the clock strikes midnight on New Year's Eve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always thought poetry and photography were like shutters on a close, dark, snowbound cabin. We imagine there's more outside, but it takes someone of particular dedication to come along and throw them open. Thanks for the light and air.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome photo I love the calm about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a truly beautiful moment. And what loving sentiments to go with it.

    Thanks for reminding me to finish this year with a sense of awe and accomplishment. A perfect way to soar into the new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry for typos...
    I was saying that this photo is absolutely beautiful! Where is it taken from??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe I was too busy reading your poem. Ottawa River that is... Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely poem and picture to end the year on - I hope 2011 provides much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful and a great way to close the year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is great. I love the way you captured the scene with your words. I am hoping I can share this on my blog. With credits of course.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This was a softly powerful piece....made me sigh at the thought of someone offering the comfort of warth and protection.

    let me be the sun

    and I will lay down
    parts of me
    to form a path

    melt what ice appears
    until at last

    with footing sound
    persuade your heart
    to hold steadfast

    let me be your sun <---loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Neechy - Perhaps partially quoted with a link to this post?

    @Nunee - glad you caught the change, and how a single word can make all the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot decide what is more beautiful... the photo or the poem. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to see you found your way here, Kim :) Thanks for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Again...lovely poem and beautiful picture...)Mario. I have sent your poem to all of my friends on Twitter.

    Sending love and light, beauty and lots of Joy from Norway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great poem and the picture is just breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete