Thursday, January 6, 2011

Christopher Lynch

Writing and photo for Christopher Lynch. Suddenly, on Tuesday January 4, 2011 at the age of 48. RIP

[ f/16, 1/160, 36mm, ISO 200 ]
Winter Zen

1.
Winter Haiku


cold - but colder still
eyelids closed by icicles
formed from your goodbye

2.
Because I miss your laugh


it's too bad
that death
really doesn't

come knocking
at the door

and you could look
through the peephole

crouch quickly
to the floor

and throw the deadbolt

that would be ironic

if it kept death
steaming on your stoop


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. My condolences on your loss. My thoughts are with you and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mario,
    What a beautifully crated eulogy to accompany a starkly evocative image.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mario, I've always liked solitary winter images of vast white expanse, in relation to death and the awesome expansion of life. Thank you for bringing these together in word and image at this time. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  4. your image and words truly reflect how we feel with the loss of a loved one. my condolences to you and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the most interpretive photos of "winter" I even seen - simple, but conceives so much story.
    Love "Winter Haiku"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mario-your photo poignantly captures the sense of desolation one feels at the death of a loved one. As does "Winter Haiku."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone. Your comments of support and condolence are much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this Uncle Mario,

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really appreciate your post and you explain each and every point very well.Thanks for sharing this information.And I’ll love to read your next post too.

    ReplyDelete