Wednesday, February 2, 2011

After the Snowfall

Photo taken while I was wondering in Andrew Hayden Park, Ottawa, after a snowfall.

[f/11, 1/320, 70mm, ISO 200 ]
After the Snowfall

let me
for a moment stop

arrested by your resolve
and what appears
a miracle

or something i
can't seem to solve

this season
should have buried you

and yet you still
with hope survive

with fragile skin
and narrow joints

defying cold
you stay alive

i wish i could
be more like you

stand strong against
what storms might come

rise above
the winds and clouds

and turn my face
towards the sun


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

  1. Mario, I love this. Absolutely beautiful sentiments expressed in a lovely form to accompany your striking photo. You are quite the creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a perfect shot, and a lovely poem to accompany it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing shot of simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kim Nelson - thanks so much. Coming from someone who writes so prolifically, I am humbled by your comment.

    @journey, @ yun yi - thanks so much. Very glad you liked this. In the winter especially, with the landscape so barren at times, it is always wondrous to me how some things can survive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a simple, elegant photo. I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mario-I like how you notice and extract the deepest insights from the simplest things. I get the impression that you are just like that tiny plant, and weather every storm with dignity and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photo! I agree with Tricia, simple and elegant. The words, of course, are beautiful, too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog through BC.....amazing pictures and uplifting writing! Following you from: http://sprigblossoms.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely. The photo conveys a certain sense of melancholy--to me, anyway. It's lonely, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely moment of peacefulness and reflection. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity of this picture...beautiful words to accompany it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mario, did you mean wandering or wondering? Either works but wondering is brilliant either by accident or design.

    ReplyDelete