Saturday, March 19, 2011

Creation

A fun project to play around with is an oil and water mixture photographed over various colours and patterns. The resulting shapes, along with the paths they take, remind me of planets and stars in an ever changing universe.

[ f/2.8, 105mm, 1/250, ISO 200 ]
Creation

time is
as spheres collide
and leave a mark upon each other

where some absorb
collapsed within a lovers' union
while others bounce and spin away

and some do spawn
the birth of others tiny

while some divide
to go a separate way

there is a path
that each must find
until the motion stops
and this moment's universe lies still

i pause -
camera ready
to freeze each random pattern
that i would deem does satisfy my pleasure

then gently
blow my breath
across the oil and water mixture
until there's beauty beyond measure

is this
i wonder
how god felt
when he reached down his finger

and stirred this soup
in which we swim
and where
such mysteries do linger


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. In the same vein you pursue in pondering the creation, I often marvel at the similarity in seemingly disparate natural wonders. So many connections, likenesses, patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool photo! I love it when you get experimental, Mario. The poem complements it so well, too. I love the thought of 'spawning little bubbles.' Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an intriguing photo, Mario-so ethereal and suggestive! I like this idea of life being an endless series of chance collisions-some of which lead to naught, and others to deep and abiding loves and friendships. Every time I walk out the door I wonder where my steps will lead me-to what new and unexpected encounters and adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this photo...it is beautiful! Your words are equally as stirring....

    then gently
    blow my breath
    across the oil and water mixture
    until there's beauty beyond measure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is really pretty.
    The photo is quite interesting.

    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo made me think of "Messages From Water", the book about how water is living and responds to various things. Interesting poem too with lots to think about. Cool! I am intrigued by the oil and water process. Makes for wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool one MC. You are one creative cat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the art is super impressive.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very interesting image and imagination! i like the color tone of this image, light purplish blue.
    art or thoughts sometime indeed come from such occasional moments, like "spheres collide".

    ReplyDelete
  10. great! i think we were on the same wavelength today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i loved the idea of symbolic language of art for life and its magics ,

    i also believe that life has so many shapes and colors and patterns,and all have examples for us to learn for better,artists are blessed ,they see deeper get more joy as well as pain.

    but still they enjoy throwout solving the puzzle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A thoroughly fascinating photography project. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The photo's beautiful. Thanks for the how to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never would have guessed what this was so I'm glad you told us! This is stunningly beautiful for just oil and water! It sort of reminds me of salamander or frog eggs (in a surreal color of course!) I like the lines where you wonder how God felt "stirring the soup!" It is a powerful feeling to create and to destroy!

    ReplyDelete