Saturday, March 12, 2011

Forever

I almost went the whole winter without getting out for a skate on the Rideau Canal. But I did get out on the last day that it was open. This was one of the photos that I took that day.

[ f/9, 1/320/ 16mm, ISO 400 ]
Today With You

forever

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in the day that love awakes
between two soulmates
and the promise each will make

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in the day a robin sings
and a child first recognizes
that it means spring

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in the day you first saw
the starry night
and wrote in your soul's journal
how you felt part
of something eternal

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in the peaceful moment
that a summer sunset can reach
touching a shared blanket
on a quiet beach

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in the forest of an autumn day
adorned in festive dress
embracing destiny
in its colorful caress

i want to live forever
in the world that lives
in all the days like these
but i will settle
for this day
today with you
until tomorrow
starts my yearning anew


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week; sometimes more. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. Love it! Your photos are always stunning and I love your accompanying poems, which is saying a lot - because usually I deplore poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got out the skates, we have yet another great poem!! I love the romantic optimism that this poem carries : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couples embracing even in the heart of winter, on the coldest, grayest days. Every moment one lives gratefully and joyfully is a moment one has lived forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful romantic poem. However, I don't want to live forever ... I only want to savor the moments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a most beautiful way to say "one day at a time." And the photo? Stunning! Prompted me to Google map your general location... no wonder you're still so cold!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. smart message, well done.

    the image is very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhhh, the Rideau Canal....many many moons ago, when I was a young whipper-snapper, I lived in Ottawa with my new husband. I remember a LOT of tulips:) This is a lovely poem, expressing a contented heart. "I will settle for this day...with you." Beautiful and tres romantic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. but I will settle for this day ~
    we do live forever in that day! :)

    Beautiful poem!
    as always refreshing words...

    you speak of forever...hope I don't bring you down with what I write!, I am a cheerfull person mostly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mario,
    Such beautiful wishes with words.
    And a most romantic scene, through your photo.

    Both delightful images!
    Best wishes, Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really beautiful poem. Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a love hate relationship with the canal. Love the pic and poem. You may have tipped me towards love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow your poem has a silky fragrant sense inside which touched my heart and made me feel the depth of your desire ,

    i will visit and see the other pics too surely but this one is lovely too.

    thank you so much for such amazing sharing god bless

    ReplyDelete
  13. romantic indeed...

    smiles,

    fantastic photography.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome and Share 1 to 3 poems with us today, first time participants need not to worry about themes.
    Your poetry rocks…
    Cheers!
    Bless your day…
    xox

    ReplyDelete