Sunday, July 31, 2011

Beaches are for dreaming

I took a lot of photos during a recent trip to Cape Cod and its gorgeous beaches and scenery. This one was taken at a beach in Provincetown. On a glorious summer day, beaches are most suitable for sitting and dreaming.

[ f/14, 1/250, 66mm, ISO 200 ]

Beaches are for Dreaming

what better way
to spend the summer day

than watching clouds
across a gentle bay

and feel the wind
its gentle sway

on the boats that
strain to sail away

here upon
this golden sand

do all my dreams
seem close at hand

the life that in
my youth i planned

and all the tests
i would withstand

and though not all
did come to be

it pales against
your love for me

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. So true...there's something about the beach! This poem makes me homesick for the New England seashore. Very nice ending, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet and beautiful! I love living by the sea and this is a moment I so treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing imagery,
    youth, memories, and beach during summer time.
    they are divine looking,

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a truly blessed life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughtfully written with lovely photography. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's nice is you really don't know it's a love poem until the end. I always appreciate your eye for capturing moments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely loved the last two stanzas! so uplifting....Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely, Mario. The message is special and the rhyme scheme is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had liked your last picture and the accompanying verse and this one is as beautiful too.. as an amateur photographer myself... I loved the image that you have posted here too..
    Your last lines were very beautiful...
    'it pales against
    your love for me'
    thanks for sharing...
    Shashi
    ॐ नमः शिवाय
    Om Namah Shivaya
    http://shadowdancingwithmind.blogspot.com/2010/05/whispers.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mario, I hope you will take a look at Poets United today! YOU are featured! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete