Sunday, July 24, 2011

Summer Breeze

I took this photo at one of my favorite places in Ottawa, the Dick Bell park and marina along the Ottawa River. A little bit of summer whimsy. I hope you enjoy both the poem and the photo.

[ f/14, 1/125, 24mm, ISO 200, GND filter ]

Summer Breeze

summer breeze
with ease
i contemplate

warm days
fog and haze
dissipate

boats sail
laughter hails
carefree days

sun sings
sea bird wings
flap away

if tomorrow
there is sorrow
i'll be fine

for here I'll be
this scene I'll see
in my mind


[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

  1. Vangogh? Man have you gotta an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tight poem - it just roles off the tongue. What a photo...you sure find beautiful things, places, and poems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photo, but it was your poem that captivated me. I love the form: three line stanzas and that wonderful rhyming scheme. More please.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful composition within the photo... love how the blues radiate throughout the piece.

    And yet, the poetry has such stunning imagery that it sails far beyond the waters of your photo. Wonderful combo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Picture takes you away.... Your words make it a reality! Very Nice !

    ReplyDelete
  6. You captured the essence of the landscape moment displayed within your photograph very well. I really like the way the pic came out, I dabble around with photography on the side, not very good though-so haven't posted anything yet, you're quite good at it, at least from my vantage point. Enjoyed the write/image

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your image is inviting... so different from the landscape I enjoy in the desert southwest! Your verse, while simple, contains the keys to happiness: Live in the Now. Appreciate it. When times are tough, count your blessings. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Individually the poem and photo or wonderful, but they compliment each other magnificently. The poem describes a beauty that lasts forever, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredibly beautiful scene you gave us in photo and verse. The rhyme pattern is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I found your site. Beautiful verse and photos; I look forward to following your inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is beautiful ...

    have a magical summer.
    cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so glad I discovered your blog via Poets United. Both your photos and your words are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pictures with flowers in the foreground and magnificent scenery in the background. But your poem is incredible as well, such a tight rhyme scheme and flow, very simple and easy breezy, perfectly describes a summer day :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so beautiful! especially photo. reminds me monet's painting.

    ReplyDelete