Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Forbidden Passage

Poetry has been resonating. Just haven't been writing it down. Finally needed to heed the call. Hope you like the photo and the poem :) By the way, the higher ISO was chosen to add to the 'noise' or 'grittiness' of the rust.

[ f/8, 1/125, 80mm, ISO 1250 ]

Forbidden Passage

sometimes
i remain hidden
behind the closed door

until my pride
gives way to loneliness

forcing me
to sneak a look
through the rusty keyhole

and into your heart

where i am forced
to admit

your touch upon my soul
will slowly wear away
the grit
i've placed
between us


All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]
I try to update this blog about once a week. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. FABULOUS!

    I, too, have been writing down very little of the verse that's spinning in my mind. Tomorrow. There. I committed. Now I'll have to do it!

    I've missed your vision and your voice, Mario. This photo is gorgeous. I'd love to hang it in my home. The poem goes in an innovative and enticing direction. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim -
    you are a most faithful reader. I'm surprised to hear that you are also not writing as much as I always was amazed at how prolific you were. I will have to stop in and catch up with your work. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. way too cool,

    we all hide for good reasons,
    stunning imagery on this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet expression.
    Glad to see you share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great imagery! Check my blog out "Living With the Arts"!
    I subscribed :D
    -Erick Flores

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome write, and the photo is perfect! Nicely done!
    http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/those-times-ago/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way you've captured a relationship in so few words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poem and picture work so well together. I truly loved it. You did a terrific job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. a door locked has a lot of symbolism.. nice take on your pictures...you have a good eye for details ~

    ReplyDelete