Tuesday, January 17, 2012

anime girl

Sometimes you are just at the right place at the right time. Written for the redhaired woman on markham street unaware of what your presence means to me...


[ f/11 1/60 70mm ISO 400 ]

anime girl

when suddenly
you are there

larger than life
like you just stepped out
of a story
or a comic book

leaving me to wonder

why now
why at this moment

with my camera trained
on the sign on the door

you suddenly appear

and affirm that
a photograph can

just as easily capture
a fantasy
as it records
a concrete scene


All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]
I try to update this blog about once a week. You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. " unaware of what your presence means to me..."
    that is it isn't it?
    someone who passes us on the street and we acknowledge somehow
    or they acknowledge us, it make community in an environmental that
    has become so repressed.

    always a great pleasure to come here Mario.

    ~robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the story that this evokes. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it. She was a perfect walk on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The photograph just wouldn't be the same without her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a lovely photo and a delightful poem ... so perfect together, you did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "a photograph can just as easily capture a fantasy as it records a concrete scene"

    This is so true, and something I think more people need to remember when looking at/talking about photography.

    ReplyDelete