Thursday, June 7, 2012

And so the 2 of us

Photo taken in the Byward Market area of Ottawa. Two people, a reflection, and a sea of red chairs. Let me know what you think of either the photo or the poem... or both.

"and so the 2 of us..."
[ f/8, 66mm, 1/400 ]

and so the 2 of us

And so the 2 of us
did sit alone

across from our reflections
on what we might have been

and yet

the emptiness around us
moved too quick
and filled the space within

leaving us
to break away
and join the desolation
the screaming quiet din.


Perhaps we should have known

to never sit in places
where chairs are red

and which foreshadow
the sea of
bleeding
wounded hearts

All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]
I try to update this blog about once a week. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. I think that the photograph is most profound. The two people in the image, are deeply held with each other. I am not sure that they are aware of being alone, or indeed of those red chairs. Excellent words which match the image very well.

    Eileen

    Thank you for your comment at my Blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prose compliments the photograph perfectly. The picture is striking for all the empty red chairs and yes, red is always a warning sign, isn't it.
    Your prose is excellent, deeply moving in imagery even without the photograph.
    A very good read, thank you Mario, and thanks for visiting my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo is fabulous and the words tell an entire story. I like do do this. I like to make an observation of my surroundings and then weave a story explaining them. When The Good Husband and I are out, this makes for a particularly entertaining foray. So glad to visit you here, Mario. I have missed your presence.

    ReplyDelete