Sunday, July 15, 2012

A crowd to hide in

I took this photo at Dick Bell Park in Ottawa, at the sailing club. Drawn by all the sail boats clustered together, and the various sparks of colour that jump out at you. I hope you like both the photo and the poem it inspired :)

[ f/9, 1/400, 70mm, ISO 200 ]
  
A crowd to hide in


in the crowd
you choose to hide in

no matter how much
you think you shrink away

indistinguishable 
from those around you

there will always be something
unique about you

ready to announce
to anyone who wants to see

and though you might
try to hide it

i can always find
that part of you

that shines for me

All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.
[ Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing.]

I try to update this blog about once a week. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love that last line, in particular -- It brings the general home to the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superbly rendered .... I can always find that part of you that shines for me ... lovely !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, beautiful writing, beautiful sentiments - I'll bet the person you wrote it for is honored. For certain, the recipient is a very lucky person:) Love the photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the idea behind this poem - the celebration of each unique part that makes up the homogeneous whole - your photo is the perfect compliment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful celebration of loving the special shine within a person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the colors in the photo ~ Your interpretation is lovely ~ I would also add, she is also the anchor or shore that you have found ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. i can always find
    that part of you

    that shines for me

    ...really love those lines! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love cannot hide its beautiful face, can it?
    Great picture but, fabulous poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, look at that photo! Fabulous. Grief, that's alot of boats...

    ReplyDelete
  10. a wonderful reflection on love...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful writing. Love the pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the truth, gentleness and caring that is in this poem. We are all different - normal is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photo, I love the clouds are sitting just perfect and the reflection in the water is beautiful. And as always, the poem makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete