Sunday, January 13, 2013

The girl in the window

I have been going through a bit of a dry spell with respect to my poetry. Ideas aren't the issue. I think it's more a case of discipline. And time. Hopefully I will get back to posting some writing a little more regularly.

I took this photo in the Distillery District in Toronto during a trip this past December. Hope you like the photo and the poem.

[ f/2.8, 1/30, 52mm, ISO 1600 ]

the girl in the window


i imagine how excitedly
she speaks of her new beau

while happiness
from every gesture does flow

- or perhaps
a meeting and a friend she must console

bringing joy
to dissipate the hurt, dispel the woe

- maybe
an actress relishing her newest role

- or is it memories
of a perfect Christmas filled with snow

- perhaps it's summer nights
where clocks have learned
to tick so slow


i smile 
content to know i'll never know...

it's wondrous is it not?
the dialogues
that one can weave and sew

upon seeing a girl in a window
while on an evening stroll


All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing. I try to update this blog frequently. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

16 comments:

  1. Mario, so great to see you back in Poetry Pantry! I enjoyed this poem AND photo. So very true...we can weave our own tales about the people we see as we walk. I think this woman in the window looks like a good listener. Looks like a good restaurant. I bet she is....hmmmm, I will never tell. Smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to be back, Mary. Some dry spells seem to last longer than others.

      Delete
  2. I think poets must all be people watchers, we wonder about their stories, dream about the possibilities and, in the end, are content enough never to really know. Lovely. And so nice to see you in the Pantry! Keep coming back:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreaming is always a good source for inspiration. Thanks for dropping in Sherry. I have missed the poetry and the friendships that it has nurtured.

      Delete
  3. Such a treat to view your photography and read your words again. You really know how to capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed your photo and poem. It's fun to try to figure out what people are talking about when they are so engrossed in their conversations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good fodder for photos and for story telling isn't it? Thanks for stopping by and commenting

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed this being tuned in to your surroundings lets the imagination work and work releasing thoughts to words words to paper and a gift to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and commenting :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I have missed you!!!
    The photo is a stunner, reminiscent of old Hollywood press shots. And the story-poem that accompanies it is a delightful train-of-thought sort of thing that we all experience but rarely express so eloquently.

    http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/01/13/feckless/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always so supportive Kim! I hope to be around a little more on Poets United. Thanks so much for stopping in and commenting. Time to look at some of your work again :)

      Delete
  7. Dry spells are part of the process, I think. I always tell myself they are input time. And look - you've just broken it!

    Thanks for the kind comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The photo is intriguing and you have captured that mystery in your writing. We will never know, of course, but it is fun to speculate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes it is wonderful. I have spent many happy times speculating of lives, conversations, situations. I enjoyed the lightness of this poem with its rhymes and meter like footsteps in a stroll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah Mario, the sign of a man with the poet's heart; a pretty girl seen from afar inspiring lovely poetry. I wonder if they ever know the innocent joy they trigger in us? Just beautiful words expressed purely for the purpose of capturing a single, sweet and pretty moment in time.

    Very nice writing, and lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete