Sunday, February 3, 2013

Bridging two worlds

I had the pleasure of attending the opening of "Transitions" a series of works by a group of Ottawa-area fabric artists known as "SoulPlay". Check out their website for some of their amazing art pieces. Their current display is in the Textile Museum in Almonte - a grand old building with lots of atmosphere. I took this photo yesterday while enjoying the ambiance and beauty of their art in such an eclectic surrounding. 

If you are in the Ottawa are, do stop in and check out their exhibition. Meanwhile... the photo and the poem that accompanies it :)

[ f/7.1, 1/50, 24mm, ISO 1250 ]

  bridging two worlds

your gaze
into my heart
is like a window
illuminating the part
you see as truth

let me
bridge your view
with mine
to light the truth
i'd have you find

the beauty
that lives
where your gaze
meets mine

All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing. I try to update this blog frequently. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. The heart always holds the truth, nice poem and picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely verse and a fantastic photo Mario. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. Glad that you stopped by... and that you liked the photo and poem :)

      Delete
  3. Love both photo and poem. I find I am often drawn to patterns of color before seeing the whole image. And I like how your poem seems to connect that reality. The poem is wonderful to read and slips off the tongue like pure honey in summer. And the sense it creates makes it so much better,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/in-my-own-space/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for such a wonderful and insightful comment. It is often patterns of color that draw my eye and compel the press of the camera shutter.

      Delete
  4. Very beautifully expressed, Mario. You have a gift with both camera and words. Love the last stanza...I agree with Elizabeth about it slipping off the tongue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary - you are always generous with your commentary :)

      Delete
  5. This is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful, especially its closing lines......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very glad you like it Sherry. So much of your writing inspires and uplifts me, so it pleases me that you like this :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, how I love this! A meeting in the middle, of hearts and minds and souls and purpose. Oh! How I LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is indeed a magic when gaze meets gaze.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As others mentioned, the message of a shared view, or a composite view, is a positive one. Excellent piece.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way the light brings out the texture of the wall.

    http://conflictedcauldron.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete