Sunday, February 17, 2013

the blind date

Sometimes I like to experiment with objects in a still life setting where I can learn to better control the lighting behind a scene. It's especially fun to do while trying to also create a story with the objects being photographed. This is one of my studies.

[ f/8, 1/30, 62mm, ISO 100 ]

The blind date

have you
ever been
on a blind date

wondering
just what it is
you have in common

feeling tentative
like you both
might be made
of glass

and your just not clicking...

hmmm -
maybe it's because
you can see right through him


All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing. I try to update this blog frequently. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. I hadn't been on a blind date until I read you poem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been on a blind date, but it would be bad if I can see through him ~ Nice picture image ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent twist ending - sweet imagery indeed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why am I thinking glasshouses and stones?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A whimsical image and companion poem. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really like the image and what it suggests, which is then fulfilled in your words. Love your final line,

    Elizabeth
    http://soulsmusic.wordpress.com/2013/02/17/finding-home-2/

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thin, vertical build of the verses gave a "sinking feeling" vibe. Which complemented the message, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes i have been on a date like this! i'm glad i stumbled on your blog over at PU, i quite like it and find it inspiring. i love the connection to blind dates that you drew from this image. x

    ReplyDelete