Sunday, March 31, 2013

parallel universes

I took this photo last summer in Baie-Ste-Paul, Quebec while on a little vacation and tour of the St Lawrence coast. I was struck by how much the reflection in the glass on the right side contrasted the view that you can see inside through the glass on the left.

[ f/10, 1/125. 56mm, ISO 800 ]

the view from here

i
have always wondered
whose view is most real

mine
on the side of the gloom
i sometimes feel

yours
on the side that's bright
always ready to heal

when
what brings me down
ripping my day apart

you
hold me close
and then gently chart

our
paths together
a new day's start

All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing. I try to update this blog frequently. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. Always a thrill for me to have the opportunity to see your work and read your words. I think your poetic interpretation of this image is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are wonderful. There are so many different views of a situation, aren't there? And the interesting thing is that both are real! I enjoyed your poem and your photo greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poem hit me on a personal level! That is JUST like my relationship with my boyfriend who has found nirvana!
    Love it! Love the honesty and truth of it!
    Great accompanying photo, the dark wood a bright reflective glass really illustrate what is going on in the poem.
    The shimmering glass on the right has also found nirvana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So touching - no matter the views are different, when the comfort is so real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This moved me--so much how my husband and I are--Just loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The contrasts in the photo are mirrored in the contrast of their personalities. I'm in a long-running relationship and it is not so much a balancing act as a see-saw some days! I'm up, he's down. Either way, it always calls for a long, heartfelt hug. Love, love, this - so glad to see you were in the Poets United collection, too! Love the pantry today - filled with wonder! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. The photo is gorgeous, and the contrasts you point out prompt lots of thought. The poem, however, is even more beautiful, representing the qualities of a loving and supportive relationship. I really like this one, Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A trusted hand, a trusted friend, or lover is often what we need to see the glass is half full. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete