Sunday, April 7, 2013

a spill of sunshine

Winter finally seems to be breaking. So, time for a little close up of yellow sunshine spilling out into the world.

[ f/8, 3 sec, 105mm, ISO 100 ]

a spill of sunshine

after the long winter
i finally saw
a spill of sunshine
come into my world

happily
it promises
to ease my daily whine

signalling a new norm
this radiant yellow warm

sigh...

yes
i know

you came to find another love verse

it behooves me
to speak both blunt and terse

because it's true
you made me happy

took away my winter blues

once you moved your shadow
and no longer blocked my views

All poetry and photos are copyright and the property of Mario Cerroni. Please do not copy or use without permission.

Click on "Comments" below to view/add comments to this post. Tell me what you see in the photo. Or what struck you in my writing. I try to update this blog frequently. I'm not always successful :) You can check the 'Blog Archive' links on the right side to see previous photos and posts. You are always welcome to go back through the archives to view and comment on previous postings.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

  1. ahhh, the sun. it's so easy to get caught in her light when it has been dark and cold for so long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo, Mario; and I DO think it is a 'love poem.' We'd all love a little more sun this time of year, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower-thanks for sharing the shot. I too am glad winter is breaking--bring on the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent! I love the way the description of the Spring morning is interrupted by the non sequitur and the second part is delightfully witty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the addressing of someone in the middle...."Sigh.......yes, I know"............and the wit in the closing lines.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photo is bold and beautiful. I wonder what it would be like to live in a place of winter and cold. Here, we get a few weeks of real cold with a dozen below freezing nights. Always a bit of snow that melts right away.

    I really like the middle line where you write a direct address. Great device that turns the tone nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like how you draw the eye to that splash of yellow in the throat of the bloom. Wonderful photo and lovely poem,

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked this. Puzzled though by the identity of the visitor who relieved your blues but ultimately blocked your new found sunshine. A winter love discarded?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful image, Mario. I also felt the sun on my face today; it's been a while and it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sun as a liquid spilling...great image and idea...

    ReplyDelete